May 25, 2023
JUNE 2, 2023
Starting on Monday, June 5, 2023 (weather permitting), The following section of roadway preparation work will continue on Airmount Road. This section will include work on Airmount Road from the intersection of East Mahwah Road to Airmont Avenue which will be closed to through traffic and traffic will be required to follow the detours established. It is expected that work in this section will be completed by the end of the day on Monday, June 5, 2023.
- The following closures will be in place:
- Airmount Road at Franklin Turnpike – Hard Closure (No Through or Local Traffic)
- Airmount Road at East Mahwah Road – Hard Closure (No Through or Local Traffic)
- Airmount Road at Airmont Avenue – Hard Closure (No Through or Local Traffic)
- Sunnyside Road at Orchard Drive – Soft Closure (Local Traffic Only)
- East Mahwah Road at Orchard Drive - Soft Closure (Local Traffic Only)
- Laurel Court at Miller Road - Soft Closure (Local Traffic Only)
- East Mahwah Road at Miller Road - Soft Closure (Local Traffic Only)
*** IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ACCESS TO/FROM AIRMONT AVENUE BY AIRMOUNT ROAD WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. VEHICLES WILL BE ASKED TO FOLLOW DETOURS WHICH INCLUDE HILLTOP ROAD AND MILLER ROAD/EAST MAHWAH ROAD/CAMPBELL AVENUE (NEW YORK) ***
*** AIRMOUNT ROAD IS EXPECTED TO BE FULLY OPENED TO TRAFFIC ON TUESDAY, JUNE 6, 2023 ***
It should be noted that these closures will go into place each day at 7:00 AM and it is expected that the entire roadway will be opened to traffic by 5:00 PM.
Local traffic will be provided with access to and from residential properties during the closures: however, delays are to be expected. Every effort will be made to assure that inconveniences are minimal and all work will be completed as quickly as possible.
This work is funded by a Local Aid Grant from the New Jersey Department of Transportation and by the Township of Mahwah.
Any questions or specific concerns you may have can be addressed by contacting the Township Engineer, Michael J. Kelly, P.E., at (201) 529-5757 extension 255.