Animal Control

The Township of Mahwah contracts with Tyco Animal Control Services.

Sick, Injured, Dangerous or Stray Animals

Residents are asked to call the Police Department 201-529-1000 for: sick, injured, dangerous or stray animals.


Call Tyco Animal Control Services directly at 201-652-4554 for:

  • Removal of dead animals on public property
  • Removal of nuisance wildlife on public property
  • Report a lost pet
  • Violations of:
    • Leash law
    • Licensing
    • Pooper scooper

Please note, Tyco will respond to complaints on private property for removal of dead animals or to trap nuisance wildlife but charges a fee directly to the resident for these services.