AARP TAX ASSISTANCE
AARP volunteer tax preparers will be in the Art Room downstairs in the Senior Center on Mondays and Fridays to file simple tax returns. (Individuals with complicated finances will be best served by an accountant.)
To have your tax return done for free, either make an appointment in the office or phone us a
201-529-5757 x 213 or 277. Appointments are scheduled every hour between 8:30am and 1:30pm.
DOCUMENTS TO BRING WITH YOU
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Copy of last year’s (2017) tax return.
- SSA-1099A form for Social Security benefits.
- W-2 from each employer
- If you received unemployment benefits—need to bring the printout from the website
indicating the benefits
- 1099-misc for miscellaneous income
- 1099-R for all pension, annuity and IRA distributions
- All forms for federal income tax paid.
- Dependent care provider information
- Documents if itemizing deductions
- All 1099-INT, 1099-DIV forms for interest and dividends and documentation of original
purchase price of assets.
- Bring your checkbook for automatic deposit and withdrawals.
- PTR (Blue Book) for Senior Freeze (if you have one)
- Record of any tax payments made to the town
THERE ARE THREE CONSENT FORMS TO SIGN AT YOUR TAX APPOINTMENT