The meeting was called to order at 7:38 PM by Vice Chairman Monica Ullrich.
Members in attendance were Westa Hannafin, Jean Lascar and Julia Smith. The
flag salute was followed by the Sunshine Law announcement.
Halloween Parade was discussed. Some items to consider for next year are:
1. Number the participants
2. Line up groups in the parking lot, not on the grass
3. Have groups Pre-K (ages 0-4); Kindergarten (age 5); 1st & 2nd; and 3rd, 4thand 5th grades.
4. Have groups of no more than 25 parade at one time. (K may require
three groups of 25, to be numbered 1-75.)
5. Reduce the walking area
6. Judges and benches should be near lights, even if we put up kleigs
7. Pick up ballots for tabulation as soon as the age group is finished
8. Distribute Jack-o-lanterns to winners with age-appropriate gifts which are
different than hand-outs.
9. Pumpkin-carving kit is a great consolation prize
10. Purchase giant blow-up pumpkins and ghosts
Tree Lighting is Sunday, December 1st at Co#1 Firehouse. Irene will have
singers, Westa will e-mail the Volunteer Club to arrive by 4:30 PM. We will meet
at 3:30 PM to decorate. Monica will speak to Rosemary re: the Ladies Auxiliary
manning the donut and hot cocoa table again. The sled needs to be taken
down for us to use in pictures. We have 130 pictures available, may need to
Mahwah Day Dog Show participants have called re: their prize from the show.
Jean and Westa will check two options, then we will decide.
On a motion by Monica Ullrich, seconded by Julia Smith, the meeting was
adjourned at 8:22 PM. All in favor, motion carried. The next meeting is
scheduled for December 19, 2002 at 7:30 PM.
Access For All Commission | Home | General Information Section | About Mahwah | Calendar of Events | Employment Opportunities | Helpful Links | Live Meetings Video | News & Announcements | Photo Journal | Elected Officials | Mayor's Online Office | Township Council | Boards, Commissions & Committees | Government Representatives | Government | Bids, RFP's, RFQ's, Notice of Intent | Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) | Contacts Directory | Departments | E-Mail Subscriptions | Emergency Services | Forms Center | Frequently Asked Questions | Meeting Agendas & Minutes | Municipal Code | Senior Center | Township of Mahwah Police Department | SWIFT 911 Notification | Mahwah Museum | Mahwah Schools